PESA actively represents the voice of the 500,000 plus men and women in the oilfield services and equipment sector. In order to ensure these men and women remain employed and continue to provide the energy that our country needs to recover from this crisis, the following list of key priorities have been identified as critical. These priorities may change as new issues and legislative developments progress.
Oilfield Services and Equipment Sector Federal Policy Recommendations
- All loan guarantees and other economic stabilization measures available at the federal level be available to all affected sectors (not excluding oil and gas) and limited prohibitory language that could limit OFS participation.
- Inclusion of oil and gas and energy supply chain facilities as “critical infrastructure” by DHS and state and local governments for instances when shelter in place or “lockdowns” are conducted by states and/or federal government. DHS has already sent out guidance which does include most PESA company operations, however state and local authorities may not always follow these guidelines when they enact their own lockdowns
- One-year extension of the 301 product exclusions already granted by USTR
- Priority for energy infrastructure personnel for virus testing
- Tax credits for restructuring of manufacturing facilities due to supply chain disruptions