PESA is partnering with Rice University’s Center for Civic Leadership to offer member companies the 2018 PESA Fellowship Program, an internship program for undergraduate students. This is an opportunity for member companies to attract and educate future oil and gas industry professionals through a two-month internship in June and July 2018. Rice offers students with a variety of interests, including engineering, chemical, policy and more.
- The PESA Fellowship Program is part of a credited course at Rice University. To ensure compliance, Rice University’s Center for Civic Leadership will administer the pairing selection of the fellow with the member company.
- Rice University administers the program handling student liability.
- Rice University’s Center for Civic Leadership provides ongoing support for students and mentors.
- Company job descriptions are confidential. Only students with a network ID and Rice-approved access will be able to view job descriptions
An integral part of the fellowship is mentorship. Companies select an experienced individual within their organization to mentor the fellow. The mentor will develop leadership skills, expose student to learning opportunities within the company, and connect the intern to resources in the organization or community that would assist them in completing course assignments.
Program Investment and Geographical Placement
PESA member companies have a choice of seven cities to host the fellow(s). Available cities are chosen by Rice University based on local support. Member Company stipends fund living expenses, insurance, liability and travel.
Member Company Stipends per Fellow
Houston or Austin: $2,000
Boston, San Francisco, New York City or Washington, D.C.: $3,000
PESA Member Company Timeline Overview
- Nov. 13, 2017 – The program commitment is due. Member companies should inform PESA of their intent to participate and share a main point-of-contact. The point-of-contact will receive a timeline, responsibility summary, and job description guidance template.
- Dec. 17, 2017 – Job descriptions are due to PESA.
- March 2018 – Member companies are matched with fellows by Rice University. PESA will invoice the company upon being matched with a fellow.
- March 2018 – Mentors and fellows begin communicating.
- June – July 2018 – Fellows work five-day, forty-hour weeks at member company facilities.
For additional information, please contact PESA at (713) 932-0168 or email@example.com.