Several PESA Members were participants and honorees during the Experience Energy GRIT Awards on October 3. The event included a morning of panels and roundtable discussions, followed by a luncheon and award presentations.
PESA Engagement Committee Chair, Angela Knight, Global Diversity & Inclusion Leader, Baker Hughes, a GE company, was honored as a winner.
DEMYSTIFYING THE DATA
The PESA Gender Diversity Study was one of several studies featured during the “Demystifying the Data” panel, which included discussion from panelist Chris VonHaven, Vice President, Global Projects Organization, Exterran Corporation. He discussed the need to bring different people and perspectives into the industry.
“You end up with the same people coming in and out,” VonHaven said. “I can look at any resume I get these days, and I’ll see five of my competitors on there that they’ve already worked for and been around. And it’s the same people cycling in and out.”
When companies start to look at a broader span of people who might be interested in oil and gas, he said, you find people with skill sets that include new ideas and new thinking that are valuable to the organization.
Knight spoke about the PESA study finding that companies with at least 30% of women in leadership positions end up with 6% higher net margins.
“That’s why a CEO would be concerned and look into diversity in a serious manner,” Knight said.
PESA would like to congratulate all the award winners.
- Sarah Jane Walker, Senior Integration Manager, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Jaime Butler, Vice President of Permian, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Maria O’Connell, Vice President of Quality, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Angela Knight, Global Diversity & Inclusion Leader, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Kara Byrne, Sr Proposal Manager, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Jessica Hernandez, Lead Manufacturing Specialist, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- Alaina Sajatovic, Product Manager, Baker Hughes, a GE company
Team Award: Paige PR
- Paige Donnell, CEO
- Kristen Quinn, PR Director
- Natasha Wilson, Digital Strategist
- Megan Anderson, Social Media Coordinator
- The Growth Award: Weatherford
- The Transformation Award: BHGE
- The Innovation Award: Alyssa Volk, Baker Hughes a GE Company, for her work with Lean In Energy