Mission and History
Founded in 1933 as the American Petroleum Equipment Suppliers Association, its role then was to assist the federal government in preparing a fair practice code for the oilfield equipment industry. With that objective accomplished, the Association’s charter members realized the value of keeping it intact as a trade association.
Today, PESA’s more than 200 companies represent a diverse global workforce of 1.3 million.
The Petroleum Equipment & Services Association (PESA) is the national trade association for the oilfield services and equipment sector, representing more than 500,000 jobs in the technology-driven energy value chain. PESA is a trusted resource, advancing member policy priorities and providing targeted workforce development for the entire OFS sector.
To promote the oilfield services and equipment sector of the energy industry and provide our membership with opportunities to network, elevate issues critical to their businesses and effectively train their workforce.
Cooperation with Allied Associations
PESA joins forces with allied industry associations on many issues that are critical to our membership.
Allied associations include:
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
- Colorado Oil & Gas Association (COGA)
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
- International Association of Geophysical Contractors (IAGC)
- Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA)
- National Association of Manufacturers (NAM)
- National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA)
- Natural Gas Suppliers Association (NGSA)
- New Mexico Oil & Gas Association
- Oklahoma Oil & Gas Association
- Permian Basin Petroleum Association
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)